GenesysIgnite 2017 reflected what ‘Enugu State beyond Coal and oil’ would look like. It was a convergence of technology enthusiasts, who recognised that the time to rejuvenate and reflect Igbo man’s entrepreneurial spirit in the tech ecosystem, is now!
TechEconomy.ng’ s (@TecheconomyNG) team, present at the event, captured some notable saying of speakers and panellists at the biggest startups convergence in the region; a meeting of startups and young people ready to showcase their technological prowess to the world.
It was indeed an eye opening event; even the Organisers- Genesys Hub would appreciate the enthusiasms shown by these young people.
See 20 notable quotes by speakers and panellist at GenesysIgnite 2017.
- The future of Nigeria belongs in the digital age– Chairman of the event, Senator Ken Nnamani
2. Startups are at the heart of redirecting of our economy– Minister of Science and Technology- Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu
3. Nigerian education system was not designed to turn research findings to commercial products; we must address this– Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu
4. Any nation that produces science and technology experts is always the toast of the world– Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu
5. Presently, top rich men do not rely on oil wells, but ‘brain wells’– Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu
6. Broadband is at the heart of everything technology; with it we can build superior technology ecosystem in this region– Director, Public Affairs, NCC, Mr. Tony Ojobo
7. GenesysIgnite is a deliberate effort to build capacity in this part of the country– Founder, Teneces Professional Services and organizers of GenesysIgnite, Kingsley Eze
8. Entrepreneurship is an attitude not a position– Founder of Startup Arewa, Mohammed Ibrahim
9. South East with the smallest land mass can have fiber optic cables connected to all States in 12 months; State Governors should think about this– Former MD of Galaxy Backbone, Gerald Ilukwe
10. The biggest hurdle to digital economy in Nigeria and South East in particular, has to do with the mind-set– Managing Director/CEO, InfoGraphics Nigeria l Nigeria. Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu
11. Government should stop building 19th century schools in 21st Century; you will never have the number of teachers with the right skills to teach the future skills in the classroom; let’s go digital– Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu
12. We are moving from markets to malls; what is the South East doing to cash-in on this?– Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu
13. South East needs to see technology and digital economy as investable and profitable areas– Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu
14. Don’t just build just a great product, build a great reputation too– Founder and CEO, Ventures Platform- Kola Aina
15. Catch the students young and use their powers to recreate the economy– CEO, InfoSoft Nigeria Limited, Pius Okigbo
16. Technology has no religion or region– Mohammed Ibrahim
17. In education we try to build 19th century schools in the 21st century; that can’t work– Chinenye Mba-Uzoukwu
18. Enugu is already hub, waiting to be transformed to a technology hub– Mohammed Ibrahim
19. We want to make it impossible that any young people in this region will go un-encouraged- Founder/CEO of Tenece Professional Services Ltd, Kingsley Eze
20. We must find a blended approach to redefine our software development in South East- Pius Okigbo.