The Nigeria Information Technology Professionals in the Civil and Public Service (NITPCS); an interest group of the Nigeria Computer Society and an umbrella body of all IT professionals across government – Federal, State and Local governments in Nigeria has announced plans for the 2nd edition of TiG Summit.
- The Big Idea
Technology in Government is the flagship Annual Summit of Nigeria Information Technology Professionals in Government (Federal, States andLocal Government in Nigeria). The theme for this years’ summit is: “Achieving National Economic Recovery and Growth – The Role of Information and Communications Technology” This laudable summit is holding 13th – 15th December, 2017 at the Crystal Palace Hotels (The Exclusive Haven) Plot 29, Port Harcourt Crescent, Off Gimbiya Street, Abuja, FCT.
According to organisers, the platform will afford ICT professional and other critical users the opportunity to distill the role ICT in achieving and driving the Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP) Agenda of His Excellency; President Muhammadu Buhari led administration.
The Summit is endorsed by Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) and Computer Professional Registration Council of Nigeria and powered by Debbie Mishael Group
- Summit and Exhibitions:
The three-day Summit agenda underpins Technology in Government 2017, showcasing best in class government projects and technology implementations, discussing the future of public sector service delivery and offering innovative strategies for a more effective technology enabled public sector.
The Summit Agenda includes a high level half day thought leadership presentations and a full two-day series of technical training and workshops focused on enhancing IT knowledge, skill and competence of public sector IT professionals.
The Summit offers value across the whole spectrum of the public sector and job titles within the Policy, Technology, Digital, Security and Communications Space.
- A. Focus of the Summit’s plenary will include:
- Cyber Security threats and mitigation in the public Sector
- Harnessing Indigenous Technology Innovation for national growth.
- e-government: Fundamentals, Challenges & Strategies for Federal, State and Local Government Operations.
- Beyond the Surface: IT Professionals Designations in the Public Sector
- Technical Training and Workshop:
- Protecting Public Sector IT Assets: Information and Cyber Security hands on Workshop
- Designing and implementing Data Base Systems
- Network Infrastructure design and implementation
- Cloud Services design and Implementation for Public Sector
- e – government portal design and implementation
- Understanding advanced Excel application
- Who to Attend:
Government ICT Leaders, Directors and Heads of ICT Department/Unit, Chief Information Officers (CIOs), ICT Managers, All ICT support professionals and officers, Critical IT users (in Accounts, Audits, Procurement, Press & Protocol, Data Processing Officers, Planning &Research officers) in Federal, State and Local Government and ICT Solution Providers/ Stakeholders.
Technology in Government is a multi-platform Summit and Exhibitions that brings together a high level, public sector focused audience and stakeholders with market leaders in ICT and emerging digital (disruptive) transformational technologies.
It will bridge the knowledge gap, by creating the opportunity for the public sector MDAs to collaborate, leverage knowledge and foster innovation.