The Association of Telecommunication Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) has disclosed the strategic idea to publish 100 highly respectable personalities in the telecom and ICT sector in Nigeria.
The idea, the Body said, was solely conceived to celebrate individuals and corporate organizations that have contributed and still leading innovation and creativity in the industry through their personal and corporate efforts.
This, the President, Mr. Olusola Teniola, said on Monday, was on premise that the publication of this book would further encourage and inspire the Body as an institution to continue to intensify advocacy drive in the Nigerian telecom and ICT ecosystem and continuous protection of the existing investment with the sole aim of attracting further investment into the sector as the proposed book is expect to chronicle all that these individuals and corporate organizations have done to grow the industry to where it is today and what they still plan to do in order to speed up the needed future development.
He remarked that the Association has taken cognizance of some of the players in the industry that have led innovation and creativity in the sector and their respective creativities have continued to attract both local and international attention in terms of investible funds.
The proposed book is expected to have the following structure
- The curriculum vitae (in an easy format) of the personalities
- A brief historical background of how the company has led creativity in terms of the company’s services and products
- The future plans of the company with respect to innovation and creativity
- The list of corporate social responsibility that the company has done in the past
- The brief corporate profile and advert of the company and passport photograph of the personality in that organization
- Discuss briefly barriers that has constituted threats to creativity and innovation in the Nigeria telecom and ICT industry and proffer way forward
The following rationales have been developed to buttress our strategic goals for this industry book
- To put on record those who have contributed to the development of telecom and ICT in Nigeria
- To chronicle the development that has taken place since the liberalization of the sector
- To give the incoming generation the opportunity to learn from the veterans in the telecom industry as well as to determine the future of ICT in Nigeria as barriers to creativities and innovation in Nigeria would exhaustively discussed in the book
The book is expected to be distributed through the following outlets:
- Federal and State Government Agencies
- Public and private libraries
- Telecom and ICT International Events
- Media houses
“We hope this project would attract huge participation because there is no better way to celebrate than to put in a book format what they have done to grow the entire telecom and ICT ecosystem. We have noted that those who fought for the pre liberalization of this sector no book was written in their honour and in order not to make the same mistake, ATCON has taken it upon itself to catalogue those who are leading innovation in the industry”, Mr Teniola said.