The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), in collaboration with Holler!, a free online review website powered by Elevato & Associates, is organizing a seminar to tackle and bring to the fore competitive and consumer advocacy issues affecting commerce and customer satisfaction in the Nigerian business landscape.
The CEO, Elevato & Associates, Marie-Therese Phido, during a Press Conference held to create awareness and highlight the effects of Consumer growth advocacy as against consumer’s actual satisfaction in the Nigerian Business Landscape, said that the consumer and customer advocacy plays a dual role of getting better services from providers and gaining the consumer’s trust.
She opined that both sides win when this advocacy is taken into consideration.
Consumer Rights Platform
The Seminar, apart from enlightening the audience on consumer growth, rights and protection, will also include the launch of the Holler! website.
In description, “the Holler! interface is where customers can review the services they receive, know that the review will be available to them as required and can be viewed for reference and channeled to the organization and appropriate authority for immediate remediation.”
Speakers and topics of the Seminar
- The Keynote Address of the Seminar will be given by the DG/CEO, FCCPC, Babatunde Irukera, and he will be speaking on, “The FCCPC’s Role in Protecting the Common Man.”
- The MD/CEO, eTranzact International Plc, Olaniyi Toluwalope, will be speaking on, “Technology’s Role in Commerce and Competition.”
- The Partner and Head, Consumer Markets Group, KPMG Professional Services, Goodluck Obi, will share thoughts on, “How to Win in the Nigerian Consumer Landscape.”
- The CEO, Asset and Resource Management Company Ltd, Jumoke Ogundare, will share tips on, “Structuring Your Business to Attract Investment.”
- The Director of the Enterprise Development Centre, Pan-African University, Peter Bamkole will talk on, “To Succeed – What Entrepreneurs Must Do.”
- The Founder, Consumer Advocacy Foundation of Nigeria (CAFON), Sola Salako-Ajulo, will moderate the event
The Seminar aims to look at consumer growth, rights and protection from various touch points and continue the advocacy, knowledge, awareness and education to consumers and holds on 30th October, 2019.