Procter and Gamble Nigeria Ltd. has warned unsuspecting members of the public on fake job offers and employment scams circulating mostly on social media.
In a statement released by the Company on Friday and made available to TechEconomy.ng, it said:
“It has come to our notice that fake job offers are being circulated on behalf of Procter & Gamble Nigeria Limited (PGN) by certain individuals/entities claiming they are representatives or subsidiaries or under contract with Procter & Gamble Nigeria Limited.
The Company further warned the job seekers to note that:
- PGN does not send job offers from free email services like Gmail, Rediffmail, Yahoo mail, Hotmail, etc.
- PGN does not request payment of any kind from prospective candidates for employment or any sort of fees.
- PGN does not authorize anyone to either collect money or arrive at any monetary arrangement in return for a job.
- All our open positions can be found on our website. If a position is not advertised there, it is not a legitimate opening.
- All candidates considered for a position will have an in-person interview.
“Anyone making an employment offer in return for money or other type of gain is not authorized by Procter & Gamble Nigeria Limited and is not offering an approved job”, the Company said.
The statement also reads that “Procter & Gamble reserves the right to take legal action, including criminal action, against such individuals/entities engaging in this fraudulent misrepresentation”.