The gaming game continues with the return of DGC Live for a DGC Live 2020 virtual event, June 21-23, which will feature over 100 leading speakers from the video game industry and its cross-cutting industries.
The event also celebrates and promotes innovators with regional and international impact as well as emerging talent in the digital innovation sector.
The Middle East’s leading conference on the video game industry (DGC) will return for its fourth edition with the highly anticipated DGC Live virtual event from June 21st to 23rd with a major innovation package.
The DGC is a knowledge and business dissemination gateway for the video game industry and ecosystem for the MENA region and has been, for the past four years, the meeting point for industry leaders and creators to exchange disruptive ideas and launch high-potential products.
DGC LIVE 2020 will feature more than 100 industry stakeholders, including developers, publishers, investors, government, platform and service representatives, eSports teams and mentors, and virtual reality players and innovators.
The packed 12-hour programme will provide an in-depth look at current industry trends and challenges, as well as introduce new technologies, brainstorming sessions and highlight the future of gaming in the MENA region, but for the first time this year in Africa.
It is a cross-cultural and multidisciplinary delegation from more than 8 countries of the African continent, led by the pioneering agency 360 Gaming of Senegal with the support of the Digital Technology Park of Senegal.
One of the largest investments to date initiated by the Senegalese government to instill a dynamic leadership of digital and creative industries in the francophone West African sub-region.
An active vision illustrated by its Coordinator in the person of Mr Bassirou Abdoul BA who, despite the global effects of the covid19 pandemic, will meet the delivery deadlines for the new sub-regional Digital Hub by the end of 2021.
Speakers from Africa to watch out for are;
- Bassirou Abdoul BA , Coordinator of the realization of the Digital Technology Park of Senegal
- Kofi Sika LATZOO, founder of 360 Gaming Gamecampcities Agency (Senegal)
- Eyram Akofa Tawia , founder of the pioneering Ghanaian and Kenyan LETIARTs Game Studio (Ghana)
- Kevin MELTZER , Director of Big 5 Games (South Africa)
- Oluseye Soyode Johnson , Ecosystem video game expert consultant and former director of the pioneering Studio Maliyo Games (Nigeria)
- Alex SEA , President of the Africa Fintech Forum (Ivory Coast)
- Olivier Ona , Director Digital Airtel for Gabon , Chad , Congo and Madagascar regional market (Gabon)
- Luana Karen Andriamamonjy , co-founder and director of communication at PROUDGEEK, Streamer affiliated Twitch (Madagascar)
“DGC Live 2020″ has partnered with international and regional brands such as Neom, Dubai Media City, Dubai Internet City, IN5, TiKTok, Robocom VR, T-Pay MENA to bring together industry experts who are leading the evolution of the gaming industry in the region. We are very pleased to host the first DGC Live online conference and digital exhibition and to play a key role in the gaming ecosystem in the region,” said the Founder and Director of DGC Games, Habib Chams.
In addition to the Gaming activity, players will enjoy Cosplay competitions, DJ sets and Game Jams (video game development hackathon) every day of the event.
With more than 600 participating companies, the B2B DGC Live meeting platform and digital exhibition will be active 24 hours a day from 20 to 23 June 2020.
Registered attendees will be able to schedule their business meetings through individual video calls, messages and also create their personal agenda and publish their opportunities by adding links to video game demos, videos, pitching, a website and a portfolio of services.
The B2B dating platform will work on any device connected to the internet.
“Virtual conferences have become a standard in the current climate, with highly engaged audiences acquiring and sharing knowledge. We are very pleased to bring together gaming industry experts for DGC Live 2020 while playing a crucial role in identifying opportunities in the MENA region,” Alia Fawad, Director of ITP Live and ITP Gaming.
Login to hear from industry experts, including;
– Richi shahda, Head of Global Partnerships for Games Content, Twitter
– Luis Cataldi, Global Education Evangelist, Epic Games
– Chris Overholt, CEO, Overactive Media
– Atle S. Stehouwer, CEO and founder of Team Singularity
– Jason Dellarocca, gaming industry cluster expert
– Tommy “Potti” Ingemarsson, founder of the Ninjas in Pyjamas & Area Academy
– Lamees Ouzon, Business Development Manager for Applications and Games, Google
– Désiré Koussawo, Co-Chief Executive Officer of ESL France
– Nicholas Biswas, VR Sales Manager at HTC MEA