In line with the blueprint of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria which was launched and unveiled by His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy, Dr Isa Ali Ibrahim Pantami, today officially commissioned 11 completed projects virtually.
The projects which are located across the country are strategically positioned to accelerate the development of Nigeria’s digital economy sector which includes;
- Tertiary Institution Knowledge Center (TIKC) Delta State;
- New Neighborhood Post Office, Delta State;
- Remodeled National Mail Exchange Centre, Rivers State;
- e-Health/Data Sharing Center, ATBU Medical College, Bauchi, Bauchi State;
- Virtual Examination Centre, University of Maiduguri, Borno State;
- Information Technology Innovation Centre, Kogi State University;
- Information Technology Capacity Building Centre, Gumel, Jigawa State;
- Information Technology Capacity Building Centre, FUTO, Imo State;
- Emergency Communications Center (ECC) llorin, Kwara State;
- Emergency Communications Center (ECC) Calabar, Cross Rivers State; and
- School Knowledge Center (SKC), GDSS, Hassan Central, Gombe State.
The projects were carried out by the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigerian Postal Services (NIPOST) and the Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF), parastatals under the supervision of the Ministry.
Speaking during the ceremony, the Minister said:
“These projects have been designed to support the development of Nigeria’s Digital Economy for a Digital Nigeria, in line with the mandate of His Excellency, President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR, to our Ministry. The projects also align with the 3 focus areas of the Federal Government, namely economic development, security and anti-corruption. Furthermore, the projects are part of the policies of the Ministry that the parastatals are to implement”.
Pantami also urged all the host communities of these projects to make the best use of the facilities for the benefit of the community.
“I also wish to commend the CEOs of all the parastatals who have deployed the projects that I have commissioned today for their commitment to their responsibilities. I am thankful to all our esteemed partners and stakeholders for participating in this launch to support our quest to build a Digital Nigeria”, he added.
Present at the occasion were the Executive Governor of Imo State, His Excellency, Gov Hope Uzodinma and His counterpart from Gombe State His Excellency, Gov Inuwa Yahaya, Minister of Information and Culture, Alh Lai Mohammed, Honourable Minister of State Mines and Steel Development, Dr Uchechukwu Samson Ogah, Minister of State for Power, Mr Goddy Jedy Agbah, Minister of State for Education, Chukwuemeka Nwajuiba among others.