The University of Lagos (Unilag) has announced the commencement of its 2020/2021 Direct Entry Online Registration, TechEconomy.ng can report.
In a statement issued on Monday, to inform all prospective Direct Entry candidates the Registrar and Secretary to Council, Ọladẹjọ Azeez, Esq., said that the registration will commence from Monday, 15th to Friday, 26th March, 2021.
Applicants are required to submit photocopies of their JAMB Direct Entry application forms and credentials at the Admissions Office on or before Friday, 2nd April, 2021.
However, TechEconomy.ng gathered that applicants with awaiting results are not allowed to apply.
How to register for Unilag 2020/2021 Direct Entry.
Eligible candidates should log on to the University of Lagos website and take the following steps:
- Click on Admissions
- Click on Direct Entry (DE) Application
- Login with JAMB registration number as usernameand surname in lowercase as password.
- Generate and print payment advice
- Proceed to any commercial bankto make payment or pay online.
- Return to the University portal to complete the screening form
- Upload your O’Level and A’Level results (First Degree, HND, OND, SDA, JUPEB, Cambridge A’Level, NCE, NFLV DIP, MUSON DIP, ABRSM, Trinity College London, Baccalaureate, DELF/DALF)
- Print Direct Entry e-registration slip
Screening Fee – ₦2000
“Candidates who made University of Lagos their first choice in the 2020/2021 Direct Entry (DE) application are eligible for screening. Also, candidates must possess five (5) credit passes at one sitting in relevant O’level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
“Candidates who had not clocked sixteen (16) years of age as at October 31, 2020 are not eligible and need not apply.
“Candidates who do not participate in the Online Screening will not be considered for admission.
“Former students of the University whose admissions were withdrawn on the basis of poor academic performance or absence status could re-apply on the condition that the new admission shall be for a new programme/course different from the former programme/course.
“Any student expelled from the University cannot be offered fresh admission.
The University has zero tolerance for drug abuse and shall therefore withdraw the admission of newly admitted students that test positive for drug use whenever the University conducts the test, either before or after registration.
“Candidates are advised to adhere strictly to the guidelines and obtain necessary clarifications”, the statement reads.