Over four hundred people are expected at the first ever Nigeria Teen Cyber Festival: ngTeenCyberFest 2021; a mix of physical and virtual meetings, this Thursday, May 27 with the theme: ‘Harnessing the Power of Young People Online in the Digital Age’.
ngTeenCyberFest 2021’s theme is focusing on opportunities and challenges in the cyberspace and will be holding in Jos, capital city of Plateau state in the central part of the country.
Register via this LINK.
The event holds as part of the International Children’s Day and is being powered by Konn3ct, Africa’s first application for video conferences and webinars developed by Newwaves Ecosystems.
The event is drawing representation from local and international participants as Nigeria with more than 200million people has Africa’s most active young people online.
The Teen Focus for fire chats at ngTeenCyberFest 2021 is: ‘Can the Internet Make a Better Teen; Make Things Better for Teens? Opportunities and Challenges in Cyberspace.’
“Organizers have carefully selected high-achievers among young people, who in spite of their age, have demonstrated our conviction that young people will lead Nigeria’s tech future,” said CEO/Co-Founder CC-Pro, Delmwa Gogwim and convener of the ngTeenCyberFest 2021.
|With over 40 schools participating, the physical part of the vent is holding under strict COVID-19 protocol. The participants are providing the rallying ground for the series of fire chats/discussions led by young people focused on: “Can the Internet Make Better Teens; Make Things Better for Teens,” added Gogwim.
Meet some of the young speakers
1. Maryam Aminu Jamiu, a freelance online writer. She is also fashion designer and a medical student at Ahmadu Bello university, Zaria.
2. Sonia Ayisa Atsen is a self-taught Full-Stack Developer. She currently works at Wix, a software company based in Tel Aviv, Israel. She is also the teamlead JosTechGirls.
3. Jamila Idris is the Creator of The Connection Matrix™framework The Connection Matrix Framework is for creating purposeful relationships for love, success and fulfillment. This framework can be deployed by individuals, businesses and organizations. Jamila is PR strategist,
4. Clinton Imaro: A I6 Year old, creator of an app AFRO
5. Kayili Precious Solomon: 14-year-old Precious is the Creator of Ridges an online platform that connects the farmer directly to potential buyers. With an additional feature, which can be used by banks/
6. Samuel Adebayo Oluwaseyi is a 21 Years Old software developer with expertise in building exquisite web applications.
7. Daniel Ogbuti is a 20-year-old. software developer who focuses on making applications for web and mobile devices.
He also founded a community Learn To Code Africa (LTC) where we help youths in areas of technology by providing bootcamps and learning resources.
He is a student of the university of Jos and also a host a podcast Learning Curve audio experiences.
8. Seth Michael is 20 years old, he is an entrepreneur, and a passionate software developer from Jos.
He is the Founder of UnifiedCamp, an EdTech startup.
The Nigerian Teen Cyber Festival is admitting insights and presentations on how regulatory authorities as well as other stakeholders including private enterprises could work to harness the unlimited potential of cyberspace as a tool for national development through young people.
Expected to lead deliberations on cyberspace and young people from the government’s perspectives are the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), Nigerian Communications Satellite (NIGCOMSAT) Limited, and National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC).
The event, already supported by UNESCO, the Africa Digital Economy Forum (ADEF) and the Plateau state government through the Plateau State ICT Deployment Agency (PICTDA), is focusing on opportunities and challenges in cyberspace for Nigeria’s most active population segment on the internet.
Leading the private as Digital Partners to are Zinox Technologies Limited, Qitech Technologies Limited, Smartweb Nigeria Limited, and Newwaves Ecosystems.
The media partners include TechEconomy.ng and IT Edge News.ng.