No doubt, Windows has always existed to be a stage for the world’s innovation. It’s been the backbone of global businesses and where scrappy startups became household names.
The web was born and grew up on Windows. It’s the place where many of techies and even non-techies wrote our first email (whether for business or not), played our first PC game and wrote our first line of code.
Windows has become the go-to-place; to create, to connect, to learn and to achieve – a platform over a billion people today rely on it!
The responsibility of designing for that many people is one Microsoft has vowed not to take lightly. The past 18 months brought an incredible shift in how people use their PCs.
Yes. the Pandemic has made it such that we went from fitting the PC into our life to trying to fit our whole life into the PC.
Today, our devices weren’t just where we went for meetings, classes, and to get things done, but where we came to play games with friends, binge watch our favorite shows and, perhaps most meaningfully, connect with one another. We even deploy our PCs to attend to friends in grief. Yes, people now attend funerals virtually!
In the process we found ourselves recreating the office banter, the hallway chatter, workouts, happy hours, and holiday celebrations – digitally.
What was so powerful was the shift in the PC we saw and felt – from something practical and functional to something personal and emotional. This is what inspired us as we were building the next generation of Windows. To build you a place that feels familiar, where you can create, learn, play, and most importantly connect in all new ways.
Today, Microsoft has introduced the Windows 11, the Windows that brings you closer to what you love. And we are happy about it!
Now, for the techies, the Windows 11 exhales freshness; it is faster, more secure and built with you in mind!
Windows 11 is built on the consistent, compatible and familiar Windows 10 foundation you know.
You’ll plan for, prepare and deploy Windows 11 just as you do today with Windows 10. Upgrading to Windows 11 will be like taking a Windows 10 update.
The familiar management experiences you have in place today – like Microsoft Endpoint Manager, cloud configuration, Windows Update for Business and Autopilot – will support your environment of tomorrow as you integrate Windows 11 into your estate.
Just as with Windows 10, we are deeply committed to app compatibility, which is a core design tenet of Windows 11. We stand behind our promise that your applications will work on Windows 11 with App Assure, a service that helps customers with 150 or more users fix any app issues they might run into at no additional cost.
Windows 11 is also secure by design, with new built-in security technologies that will add protection from the chip to the cloud, while enabling productivity and new experiences.
Here are a few of the top features:
- Microsoft has modernized the design and user experience in Windows 11, from the new Start button and taskbar to each sound, font and icon. New Snap Layouts, Snap Groups, and Desktops in Windows 11 allow for easier multitasking and organization of your Windows.
- New Teams integration directly into the Taskbar can instantly connect you through text, chat, voice or video with anyone, anywhere across Windows, Android and iOS.
- Windows 11 delivers the best PC gaming experiences yet, offering Auto HDR, Direct Storage, and access to the Xbox app to play great games with Xbox Game Pass.
- With Widgets, a new personalized feed powered by AI, opens a curated view directly from your desktop. For creators and publishers, Widgets also opens new real estate within Windows to deliver personalized content.
- The new Microsoft Store is your single trusted location for apps and content, creating a more open ecosystem for developers and creators, as well as a faster, more secure experience for IT professionals.
Actually, Windows 11 provides a Zero Trust-ready operating system to protect data and access across devices.
Microsoft worked closely with its OEM and silicon partners to raise security baselines to meet the needs of the evolving threat landscape and the new hybrid work world as captured in Microsoft blog.