Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) has disclosed that Dr. Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), minister of Communication and Digital will lead other speakers and participants to its 2021 International Conference holding in Uyo, capital of Akwa-Ibom State, from Tuesday 3rd to Thursday 5th of August 2021.
Speaking during a press conference on Tuesday, July 27, 2021, Professor Adesina Sodiya, president of NCS said that in the last forty three years of NCS existence, the Conference venue has been rotated amongst the six geopolitical zones in the Country.
High profile dignitaries from government, private and educational sectors, as well as from the international and global IT environment are expected to grace the event. NCS is preparing for the best and has assembled an impressive line-up of leading researchers, entrepreneurs, educators, industry experts, thought leaders, international scholars and subject matter experts as speakers and resource persons to share their extensive knowledge and experiences on the theme and sub themes. I want to assure you that attendees will benefit greatly from their wealth of knowledge and insights.
Confirmed Guest Speakers are:
- Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), Hon. Minister of Communication and Digital
- Aliyu A. Aziz, Director General, National Identity Management Commission
- MrKashifuInuwa Abdullahi, Director General, National Information Technology Development Agency
- Umar Danbatta – Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
- Mike Hinchey – President, International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP)
- Rita Orji – Canada Research Chair in Persuasive Technology, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Bimbo Abioye – Group MD, FinTrack Nigeria Limited
- Kola Okunola – Federal Inland Revenue Service
- Ayotunde Coker – MD Rack Center Limited
- Austin Okere FNCS, Founder & Executive Vice Chairman, CWG Plc
- Aderonke Adeyegbe – MD, Commercio Limited
- Lare Ayoola – Chairman/CEO Tranter IT
- Anthony Okpanachi – MD/CEO, Development Bank of Nigeria
- Saliu Omolade – Executive Data Scientist & Delivery Executive, IBM Canada’s Cognitive Business Decision Support (CBDS) Service Line
- Danny Gooris, Senior Manager, Oracle Academy, EMEA
- Otunba Adedayo Peter Arogundade FNCS – Executive Director, Sidmach Technologies
- Wasiu Adetunji Jimoh – Head, Application Development Team, Lagos State Government
NCS is the umbrella body of all IT professionals, interest groups and stakeholders in Nigeria.
With about 15,000 members, spread across all the states of the federation, NCS remains the only national IT society with highly-skilful and dependable domain experts in various fields of Information Technology, Prof. Sodiya said.
NCS, with major interest groups (ISPON, ITAN, NiWIIT, ITSSP, AITP, NITPCS) and structural organs (College of Fellows, Chapters, NACOS), remains committed to promoting and leapfrogging IT development in Nigeria.
The NCS International Conference holds under the theme: “Innovative Systems for Digital Economy (ISDE2021)”.
In the words Prof. Sodiya: “The 2020 conference was initially scheduled to hold in Uyo, Akwa Ibom but for the Covid-19 pandemic. However, this year international Conference will still hold at Ibom hall Uyo Akwa Ibom State while adhering strictly to the Covid-19 protocol. Interestingly, the conference will be in hybrid form (Physical & Virtual attendance). The challenge posed by COVID-19 reaffirms the need for Information Technology Professionals to change their strategies.
“In fact, Covid-19 has introduced a new normal paradigm shift which the whole world is currently battling with”.
He said the theme of the conference was carefully and scientifically chosen in order to provide the needed technological supports for Government drives and vision in this modern society.
“Innovative Systems for Digital economy is simply about economic transformation digitally.
“As we all know, digital economy drives a nation to prosperity. Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) has resolved to provide the technical skills and expertise for the realization of this lofty goal of government. NCS has also recognized that this drive needs highly innovative ideas and systems.
Impact of NCS conferences:
“We have made this conference a platform for developing strategies, processes, systems and technologies needed to drive and run digital economy. This conference will also spur the culture of building innovative systems for digital economy.
“Relevant key components of digital economy such as government policy and regulation; digitalization; broadband infrastructure, emerging technologies; mobile applications, grid infrastructure, e-government, smart cities, e-health, e-agriculture, etc., will be discussed and analysed at this conference”.
Prof. Sodiya reassured potential attendees that ISDE2021 will re-focus and re-think the digital economy policy of government.
He announced that the conference will focus on important issues related to the theme and sub themes such as:
- Technopreneur ship: Powering Creativity
- Regulation and Digital Consumer privacy
- Inclusive vs. Disruptive Innovation
- IoT and Robotics on customer Behaviour
- Globalization and its effect on a digital economy
- Digital Economy: Governance, Policy and Regulatory framework
- Cyber Intelligence for National Security
- Broadband: Citizen and Digital Access Rights
- Digital Technologies in Agriculture
- Redefining Healthcare in Digital Economy
- Education: Beyond the Wall
- Agenda for Digital Gender
- Energy efficiency (end user energy demand)
- Behavioural research (Human response to digital integration)
- Cloud and Edge computing
- Data, information, and knowledge (New frontiers for Data production, capture, and processing)
- Design and Human Computer Interaction (How modern designs are impacting usage of new technology)
- Pervasive / ubiquitous computing and social acceptance
- Social computing/interactions (Understanding social processes towards digital technologies)
- Security, privacy, and trust
“This year’s (ISDE2021) International Conference will provide a multi-stakeholder forum to examine pertinent considerations in showcasing Innovative systems and technologies to achieving digital economics transformation. Engagement opportunities will be explored during the Conference to present and develop effective strategies, creative approaches, and practical solutions.
“Specific highlights of the conference include Official Opening and Keynotes, Plenary and Parallel Sessions, Technical Sessions, Seminars, Induction of New Members, Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Platform, Exhibition and Products Launch, Public Sector ICT Showcase, networking, NITDA session, National IT Competitions, Fellows’ Forum and Annual General Meeting.
“Most notable about the annual NCS conference are the unparalleled opportunities for self-development, networking, partnership, recognition, and advocacy opportunities. It is hard to find any forum that will provide you with the unique one-to-one interaction and networking experiences at NCS conferences”.
He said that participants should look forward to amazing opportunities to exchange new ideas, gain new insights, build relationships with stakeholders, promote IT professionalism, share best practices, establish standards, develop business or research relations, and find global partners for future collaborations.
“Manufacturers, industry experts. academics, professionals, innovators, service providers, researchers, suppliers, consultants, students, youth innovators and entrepreneurs, as well as policy makers in government and business people will come together to connect for the betterment of our nation.
Prof. Sodiya also gave reasons you should attend “ISDE’ 2021”
- Stress Free: #ISDE2021 holds ONLINE, so you participate from the comfort of your home or office.
- Global Influence: Being an International conference gives you access to connect with both Foreign/Local Speakers and Participants.
- Value & Knowledge- Driven: ISDE2021 boasts of rich sub-themes ranging from Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Data Mining, and other modern-day technologies relevant for today’s applications, thus your participation gives you more insights into these new innovations.
- Participation is Hybrid: Freedom to choose participation mode of physical attendance or Virtual attendance
- Enhanced Credit Rating: As IT Practitioners, attending NCS Conference increases your professional and academic ratings. Your participation will earn you 3 units of Professional Development credit units.
It also promised rich networking and engagement feature to strengthen relationships.
For online participation during ISDE2021, register using this LINK