Ivery Arie Inc., a social impact organisation addressing Africa’s entrepreneurial problems starting with its most ambitious yet unserved population – women, has announced a competition to help founders scale.
Ivery Arie envisions a world where women are at the center of the African economy and barriers to accessing business resources are eliminated so everyone can fully participate and contribute to the global economy.
Ivery Arie is hosting its First Annual Pitch Competition and they are currently in search of women-led startups, for an opportunity to meet investors, gain new mentors and grow their business.
Applications for this Pitch Competition are open to black women across the globe, solving problems that exist in the African community.
The pitch competition is heavily inspired by Ijeoma Ejimadu’s grandmother, Geraldine Ihegworo, a trailblazer who started a lending system through her Igbo women’s organisation in the 1960’s.
She allocated a portion of membership dues to loan money to female entrepreneurs and this initiative made money accessible to the women in her organisation so they could take care of their families.
“I am committed to continuing my grandmother’s legacy on a global scale and impact more female owned businesses,” Ijeoma Ejimadu, founder of Ivery Arie Inc. said.
So far, it has been confirmed that the judges will be Bimpe Gisanrin, head of Women Banking Access Bank PLC and Chike Ukaegbu, former Nigerian Presidential Candidate and Head of Crypto Strategy- Emerging Markets for Visa.
The top five finalists will compete for $2,500 as well as in-kind subscriptions including access to mentorship and finances needed to build and scale their businesses.
To be eligible to participate in the programme, the following criteria must be met:
- Female founders must be between the ages of 16 to 35 years old
- Applicants can be entrepreneurs with a woman on its founding team, who will present at the pitch day
- Applicants must be a woman in the diaspora or Africa, with a startup solving problems in the African community
- The applying company will be eligible only if it has received less than $30,000 in funding
- The applicant must have been in operation for less than 3 years
- The applicant must have a live product in the market
Prizes to be won in the competition include $1,250 for the first prize winner, $750 goes to the second prize winner and $500 goes to the third prize winner.
Ivery Arie meet-up
Additional Benefits include:
- Gaining new mentors and sponsors from leading industry professionals
- Receiving business advice from the world’s top companies
- Receiving access to a community of ambitious entrepreneurs and resources
- Receiving up to $100 in-kind subscription services
Apply for the life changing competition via the official website before the deadline on Sunday, September 5, 2021.
While the announcement of the top three finalists would take place on Wednesday, September 15, 2021, the Pitch Day is scheduled to take place on Sunday, September 26, 2021.