Are you an African startup building innovative solutions to solve problems across financial inclusion, health tech, agritech, fintech, renewable energy, sustainability and women-in-tech? This opportunity is for you.
For the first time, Global Startup Award has extended its reach to Africa. The goal is to provide tech-focused startups across 55 African countries, with the support needed to get the best results for the biggest problems faced within the continent and around the world.
Powered by GIIG Africa and supported by Loudhailer, the programme would include investors from over 100 countries across the globe, local ambassadors, country partners, national jury members, international jury members as well as key advisors. T
hey would assess the participants, selecting worthy winners in all aspects of the startup ecosystem.
The competition categories include women in tech, commerce tech, health tech, industrial tech, best newcomer, venture capitalist of the year, ESG tech, agritech, startup of the year, best accelerator/incubator programme, founder of the year and best co-working space.
The best of African tech startups across the continent would be connected to a global network of leading investors and innovation ecosystems:
- Winners will be invited to apply for funding from the GIIG Africa fund
- Visibility and recognition nationally, regionally, and globally via the GSA network
- Access to GSA Alumni Network which is an invite-only VIP club that serves as a greater movement fostering the development of startup ecosystems globally and also gives access to a well-selected global network to support business endeavours
- Connection to other regional and global stakeholders – finalists, winners, juries, partners, and ambassadors
- Matchmaking with active investors, successful startups, accelerator and incubator programmes, as well as government initiatives
- Promotion through Global Startup Awards’ regional and global social media channels and newsletters
- Prize Sponsor Benefits: Enjoy the benefits of valuable services and products offered by Prize Sponsors, as well as the opportunity to have a one-hour online conversation with some of the globally recognised investors and industry experts
- Startups must not be older than five years – calculated from establishment date until public nominations open (with exception of the Best Newcomer category and the Best Venture Capitalist category)
- The startup must have been founded and must currently be located in the country participating in the competition
- The startup must have a minimum viable product (MVP) and/or service in the market
- The startup must be generating monthly recurring revenue
- The startup must have a team of two or more people
- The startup must be African-led, meaning that it must have at least one founder or co-founder on the team who is from Africa and resides on the continent
- All applications must be submitted in English, and all decks/pitches must be in English too
- No applicant may reach out to judges/jury members in advance of the competition process advocating for their startup. Anyone who does so will be disqualified. If you have any conflicts of interest, please reach out to the GSA Africa team before submitting your application
- Global Startup Award Africa reserves the right to select and reject applicants at any time
Leverage the opportunity to scale globally with GSA Africa Awards.
Apply before the deadline on Thursday, September 30, 2021.