Jim Ovia Foundation, through the Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) is giving IT enthusiasts the opportunity to drive their aspirations, joining problem solvers in the sector.
The programme was built on a goal to support educational and research development, providing NCS Scholarship and Sponsorship funds to brilliant, committed, indigent and innovative minds at undergraduate and postgraduate levels, as well as researchers who need support, protection and empowerment.
In line with his commitment at the 2015 NITMA event, Jim Ovia, the founder of Zenith Bank Plc committed N15.75million to the scheme in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and now again in 2021.
The NCS-Jim Ovia Foundation scholarship is directed towards providing educational scholarships and sponsorship. Conferences/workshops will be made available, and there would be provision for the support of high impact research.
IT education and research achievement in the country will be heightened, and there will be an inclusion of those who have IT and research potentials but are limited in some ways.
Students, affiliates, technologists, corporate bodies who meet up and possess the following are eligible to apply:
- Undergraduates and postgraduates (MSc and PhD) in all fields of Computer Science and Information Technology. This includes degrees in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, among others
- A minimum of Second Class Upper
- The Award/Grant is expected to be channelled towards tuition, accommodation, books, and research materials
- The Scholarship/Awards/Grant is based on your activities/visibility at local chapter and national levels of the Society
- The Award is a one time opportunity during a course of study
- The scholarship amount is paid twice in two consecutive years subject to satisfactory academic performance
How to apply
Don’t give up on your dreams to soar as a computer guru, providing sustainable solutions to existing and emerging problems.
Apply for the NCS-Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship before the deadline on Friday, September 10, 2021.
Visit the official website for more information.