Multinational drink and brewing company based in Belgium, AB InBev, in partnership with Hindsight Ventures has launched the Beer Garage Africa Innovation Challenge for startups.
The Beer Garage is one of the global innovation hubs at AB InBev to drive innovation by building a strong community of ecosystem stakeholders.
Leveraging innovation to build a sustainable business that improves lives in communities globally, the team works with business units to find novel solutions for their business problems by leveraging the vibrant Fintech, Africa, and APAC startup ecosystems.
The pan-African challenge identifies hi-tech, high potential startups and founders, building innovative solutions across Africa. The challenge is open to startups across the following themes:
- Digital Sales: Provide technology with proven return on investment enabling Digital Sales, leveraging existing channels to find, engage and connect with prospective buyers along with building relationships on digital platforms, and converting it into offline sales
- Digital Supply Chain: Provide disruptive technology leveraging the existing Supply Chain suit (demand planning, asset management, warehouse management, transportation and logistics management, procurement, order fulfilment) that can drive better insights empowering stakeholder(s) in the chain in making better decisions
- Sustainability: Focus on contributing progress toward the sustainability goals (Smart Agriculture, Water Stewardship, Circular Packaging, and Climate Action) where we can use our scale and partnerships to drive meaningful positive change
- 3P Lending: Provide working capital loans and business growth loans to SME businesses for improving their cash liquidity
- Alternative Payments: Provide payment solutions that enable card payments, bank transfers, accept digital payments and sell value add services
Ten startups will be selected to take part in a Global Venture Bootcamp, a three-week venture mentorship and leadership development programme that will be delivered by successful founders, industry leaders, domain experts and investors.
The Beer Garage Africa Innovation Challenge will end with a demo day, which will be attended by AB InBev’s global leadership as well as Hindsight Ventures’ global investor pool.
On the demo day, one African startup will win $5,000 in grant capital. All selected startups get access to $150,000 in technology credits from partners.
How to apply
Apply for the innovation challenge and be among global problem solvers.