The Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) is inviting Startups, Tech Hubs as well as Investors and the ICT ecosystem to participate in the second edition of the NCC Emerging Technologies Annual Innovation Competition/Exhibition.
Themed “Promoting Sustainable Digital Service Development in Nigeria,” the NCC designed the programme with a goal to promote digital SMEs with new business delivery breakthroughs.
With this, the NCC seeks to showcase talents and innovations in the ICT ecosystem, to motivate and encourage Nigerian youths engaging in innovative developments in the telecoms industry, with an ultimate target to ensure the nation’s economy gains global competitiveness.
In order to participate in the programme, prospective Technology Hubs and Startups are required to submit proposals that meet the following criteria for consideration:
- The project should have clear relevance to the ICT/Telecommunication industry
- Interested participants should be duly registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Proof of concept (feasibility of idea with diagram, algorithm, etc.)
- The novelty of the project
- The pitched idea should demonstrate a clear commercial sustainability and profitability framework
- Team diversity and indigenous capacity to develop and support the solution
While all applications must be done online, it is worthy of note that there are no costs to partake in the competition and participants will retain full control and ownership of their technology.
Each Team will register and submit the following documentation:
- 4 page Executive Summary of the project concept
- 5-7 minutes video of the pilot project
- Names, Age, contact details, passport photos, and profile of all Team members
20 Tech hubs/Startups will be shortlisted to showcase their technology to a panel of judges at the Digital Bridge Institute (DBI) Lagos Campus. Those shortlisted will be announced on 26th November 2021.
The Tech hub/Startups with the best three innovative prototypes will be awarded cash prizes respectively:
How to apply
Do you seek to apply for the competition? Then submit the documents mentioned above in a zip folder. The subject of the mail should read “Submission from <business name>” and the zipped file named after the business.
Apply before the deadline on Monday, November 29, 2021. Shortlisted applicants will be announced on Friday, December 3, 2021.