All is now set for the National Adopted Village for Smart Agriculture (NAVSA) to commence empowerment program for farmers in Ogun State, TechEconomy.ng can report.
NAVSA is an initiative of the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) under the Supervision of the Federal Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy.
The initiative seeks to integrate digital technologies and innovations in agricultural practices in Nigeria with the aim of improving productivity and ensuring food security across the nation.
This will invariably, lead to increased Farmers’ income while creating millions of job opportunities for the teeming youths which will enable an inverse growth in the economic diversification process.
NAVSA’s implementation and sustainability models have since its launch, continued to attract the attention of key players in the Agricultural ecosystem in line with global best practices.
In a bid to maximize outcomes, this year’s edition is in partnership with Agricultural institutions in Nigeria.
Thus, NITDA is collaborating with the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) to empower 100 smart farmers. The training commences from Monday 21st to 25th February 2022 at the University’s PG Hall from 9am to 4pm daily.
Beneficiaries of the NAVSA programme are to be empowered with:
- Smart Devices
- Seed Fund of one hundred thousand naira each
- Capacity Building on AgTechpreneurship
- Connectivity ( Internet access and Closed User Group)
- NAVSA platform
- Financial inclusion through digital wallets
- Insurance & E- extension services
- Agric as a Business and Agro Business Models’ opportunities
- Smart Demo farm ( smart irrigation , smart brooding and soil intelligence systems)
- Climate- smart Agriculture with portable green energy system
- Continuous reinvestment model