The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) in collaboration with the National Information and Technology Development Agency (NITDA) have announced the launch of NINJA Accelerator Program in Nigeria.
The 2nd cohort of the NINJA Accelerator Program, which is also in partnership with Ventures Park is designed to enhance the Nigerian startup ecosystem by strengthening underperforming and necessary sub-sectors in sectors such as agriculture, health and cleantech in Nigeria.
The goal is to collaborate with participants in the supply chain, contribute significantly to economic growth and promote promising youths with innovative businesses.
- Opportunity to pitch to Japanese investors and corporates at the largest African-focused startup event in Japan
- Tailored Support for Business Growth
- Opportunity for foreign startups to expand into the Nigerian market
- Support with legal incorporation of selected foreign startups in Nigeria
To participate in the program:
- Your startup should be Nigerian-based, already incorporated and have business operation in Nigeria
- Your company must be legally incorporated in your country
- Sector must be agritech, health tech or clean tech, including finance/logistics in those sectors etc
- If you are a foreign company, your company must be legally incorporated with CAC in Nigeria prior to the commencement of the training
- Your startup should be innovative and technology-driven
- Your startup funding stage should be pre-Seed, Seed or pre-Series A
- Foreign startups which have not yet been incorporated/operated in Nigeria and are looking into the Nigerian market, that is, startups in other African countries such as Asia, Europe and other regions are welcome to apply
How to apply
To participate in the NINJA Accelerator Program, apply before the deadline on Friday, May 13, 2022.