MTN Nigeria PLC., retail shareholders who are eligible for 2021 dividend have received dividends of ₦8.57 per every 2 Kobo ordinary shares, TechEconomy.ng can report.
MTN started payment of the dividend to shareholders whose names appear in the Company’s Register of Members at the close of business on Wednesday, 6th of April 2022 (bringing the total dividend for the year ended 31st of December 2021 to ₦13.12).
“Following the Annual General Meeting of MTN Nigeria on Thursday, 28th April 2022, it was approved that dividends be paid at the rate of ₦8.57 per every 2 Kobo ordinary share (subject to appropriate deduction of withholding tax) to shareholders whose names appear in the Company’s Register of Members at the close of business on Wednesday, 6th of April 2022 (bringing the total dividend for the year ended 31st of December 2021 to ₦13.12)”, Chapel Hill Denham confirmed.
Meanwhile, today, MTN Nigeria announced its unaudited results for the quarter ended 31 March 2022.
Here are the Key metrics of the MTN account:
- Mobile subscribers declined by 1.3 million to 70.2 million YoY, impacted by the regulatory restrictions on new SIM sales and activations
- Added 1.7 million subscribers in Q1 2022 vs Q4 2021
- Active data users increased by 3.4 million to 35.9 million YoY
- Added 1.6 million active users in Q1 2022 vs Q4 2021
- Active fintech subscribers rose by 6.2 million to 10.7 million YoY
- Added 1.3 million subscribers in Q1 2022 vs Q4 2021
- Service revenue increased by 22.0% to N469.8 billion
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) grew by 25.7% to N257.1 billion
- EBITDA margin increased by 1.5 percentage points (pp) to 54.6%
- Profit after tax (PAT) grew by 31.3% to N96.8 billion
- Earnings per share (EPS) rose by 31.3% to N4.76 kobo
- Capital expenditure (Capex) rose by 80.8% to N162.5 billion (up 156.8% to N81.2 billion, excluding right of use assets)
- Final dividend of N8.57 kobo per share for FY 2021
MTN Dividends Payment…What Next?
Interestingly, MTN Nigeria closed its last trading day on the NGX on Wednesday, 27th April at ₦212 which represents a 25.4% increase in the Offer for Sale price.
To reinvest your dividends and benefit from the increasing value of the shares, please log in to your profile via the link here and follow the steps below to buy more:
- Navigate to the left side of the portal
- Click “Fund my account” to fund your wallet. (Select a preferred payment option and proceed accordingly)
- Click on:
- New Trade
- Complete the fields accordingly
“The purchased shares would be credited to your CSCS account and reflected in your portfolio once the trade is settled (Transaction day + 3),” Chapel Hill Denham said.