develoPPP Ventures seeks to support young and zealous startup companies with innovative business models focused on improving living conditions in developing or emerging countries.
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) provides up to 100,000 euros for suitable growth investments leveraging a matching-funds model.
Startups already active in a developing or emerging economy and whose business model contributes to sustainable local economic, ecological and social development will benefit from this grant.
The goal is to scale innovative solutions so they become accessible to more people. Therefore, it is important that the proof of concept has already been achieved and first revenues have been generated. Funding the startup phase via develoPPP Ventures is not possible.
In addition to the grant, startups will receive local technical support. Women-led startups and startups promoting gender equality can also apply.
Funding decisions on specific investment projects are made via regular develoPPP Ventures ideas competitions.
Startups already registered in the target country or that plan to register there before the start of the funding are eligible to participate.
Funding is provided exclusively for business expansion in the respective country and must be invested locally.
A prerequisite for funding is that the startup phase has already been completed and initial revenues have been generated. In addition, your startup must:
- Be privately owned and profit-oriented
- Have a viable business and financial plan
- Be able to provide at least one annual financial statement
- Convince other financiers of its business model (matching funds)
- Not have acquired more than a maximum of €2 million in funding to date
- Have a high growth potential and reach break-even within a maximum of three years
- Available to startups in Ghana, Kenya and Tanzania
How to apply
Participate in develoPPP Ventures to scale your innovative idea.