Labeled as the world’s largest and most diverse Agri-food-tech innovation challenge, the annual TFF Challenge seeks innovators and entrepreneurs to tackle the lack of decentralization in the global food sector.
These innovators are to submit creative solutions to the question: “How do we feed 10 billion people on a hotter planet?” Adequate thinking to address this in a way that is meaningful to you and your market is necessary.
Emerging winners in the TFF Challenge will receive the following benefits:
- $30,000+ in cash grants from TFF and partners
- Invitation to the TFF Academy, a personalized 4-month acceleration program, hands-on mentoring, pitch training, and industry introductions
- Chance to get a professional production of a short documentary film about your solution
- Pitch to investors and industry leaders at the global TFF Summit
- Additional perks offered by TFF’s broad network of partners, including licenses to software, datasets, and training sessions
- Access to life-changing connections from TFF’s global change-maker community
All submissions for the TFF Challenge are also considered for the Topical Prizes. Here is the list of Topical Prizes for 2022:
- Nutrition in Africa – Improving Feed Prize: How might we improve animal and livestock health via nutritious and sustainable feeds? (with DSM).
- Sustainable Farming Inputs Prize: How might we enable farmers to learn about and use sustainable farming methods and make informed decisions that help them to integrate biologicals into their practices? (with Hello Nature).
- The Business Case for Regeneration Prize: How do we make regenerative agriculture profitable to create a strong case for the planet and people? (with Danone).
- Web3 in Agriculture Prize: How can we leverage and integrate Web3 approaches to accelerate the transition to more open, inclusive, transparent, resilient food and agricultural systems? (with Cargill).
- Food Security and Resilience Prize: How might we support smallholder farmers and poor, vulnerable populations who are affected by the triple threats of Covid, Climate Change, and Conflicts? (with World Food Forum) And more to come!
- Anyone who seeks to build feasible solutions that steer the future towards sustainable, nourishing, and resilient food systems can participate in the TFF Challenge
- Scientists, designers, engineers, marketers, farmers, developers, and anyone else passionate about the future of food, even those with no background in food and agriculture are eligible.
- Participants should join as teams of 2-5 with members between the ages of 18-40.
“The TFF Challenge is looking for locally-relevant solutions that can be scaled globally and which address a wide range of pressing challenges across all parts of the food value chain—from production to distribution through to consumption and waste.
Teams are called on to leverage science and technology breakthroughs in areas like artificial intelligence, robotics, fintech, and biotechnology, and to utilize inclusive business models such as circularity, open data, and sharing economy. In addition to the topical prizes, the following solution areas are of particular interest:
- Nutritious foods;
- Novel flavors and aromas;
- Alternative proteins;
- Regenerative agricultural production systems (crops, aquaculture, livestock);
- Controlled environment agriculture;
- Appropriate technology for smallholders;
- And transparent and inclusive supply chains.”
How to apply
To participate in the TFF Challenge 2022, apply before the deadline on Thursday, July 14, 2022.