Uber has released its sixth annual Lost & Found index as Nigeria begins to open and more people around the world are safely resuming their travels.
The annual Uber Lost & Found Index provides a snapshot of riders’ most commonly forgotten items and most unique lost items as well as which cities have been most forgetful, and of course, tips on how to get your lost items back using the Uber app.
Phones, keys, wallets and purses made the usual list of items left by Uber riders. While the unusual list of items included documents, laptops and cash, phones, groceries and luggage bags were among the most regularly forgotten items.
According to the Uber Lost & Found Index, Lagos topped the list as the most forgetful city in Nigeria.
See the full details below:
The 10 Most Commonly Forgotten Items in Nigeria:
1. Phone / camera
3. Wallet / purse
The Most “Forgetful” City:
The Most amount of money forgotten
- 3000 dollars
Most Forgetful Days / Times:
- As we’ve seen consistently across Nigeria, Uber riders are most forgetful on Mondays and Sundays.
If you’re one of those people who left something behind, look no further than this help page, which outlines the simple steps you can take the next time you leave something behind in your Uber
The best way to retrieve a lost item is to call the driver – but if you leave your phone itself in an Uber, you can login to your account on a computer. Here’s what to do:
- Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
- Tap “I lost an item”
- Tap “Contact driver about a lost item”
- Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
- If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number (you can do this by logging into your account on a computer, or using a friend’s phone).
- Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
- If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
- If your driver doesn’t pick up, leave a detailed voicemail describing your item and the best way to contact you.
So, whether you forgot your groceries for the month or you’re stuck outside because you forgot your keys on the ride, don’t despair – help is at your fingertips!