The second edition of the African Youth Adaptation Solutions (YouthADAPT) Challenge is open for African entrepreneurs to apply for business prosperity.
Organised by the Global Center on Adaptation, African Development Bank and Climate Investment Funds, the YouthADAPT is an annual competition targeting young entrepreneurs and micro, small, and medium enterprises in Africa.
These potential winners are to submit innovative solutions and business ideas that have the potential to drive climate change adaptation and resilience across the continent. The commercially viable business or product must not be in widespread use.
The objective is in line with one of the pillars of the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program (AAAP), a strategic partnership between the Global Center on Adaptation and the African Development Bank. It aims to address the triple impacts of Covid-19, climate change and the economy.
20 winners will each be awarded $100,000 and will receive training, mentorship and coaching to support their climate change adaptation innovation in their communities and across Africa.
- Applicants must be 18 to 35 years old
- Their venture must be youth-led and deliver solutions that address a real-life challenge
- They must be registered and operating in Africa
- They must be able to show revenues for at least two years
- 50% of the finalists will be women-owned or women-led enterprises
How to apply
To participate in the YouthADAPT Challenge, apply before the deadline on Tuesday, October 4, 2022.