Applications for the fourth edition cohort of AgFunder GROW Impact Accelerator are ongoing for Agrifoodtech startups working to build a more sustainable and reliable agrifood ecosystem.
Organized by US-based VC firm AgFunder and Singapore-based ecosystem builder GROW, the accelerator programme has successfully produced 29 graduate companies from 16 countries including Nigeria since its launch in 2019. Collectively, these startups have raised more than $60 million.
Areas of interest for the 2023 AgFunder GROW Impact Accelerator include, but not limited to the following:
- Food as medicine (e.g., functional foods/extended lifespan)
- Automation and robotics
- Waste reduction and circular economies
- Agrifintech and marketplaces
- Synthetic biotech and precision nutrition
- Decarbonization solutions
Startups who participate in the AgFunder GROW Impact Accelerator stand the chance to receive resources needed to scale rapidly. They will also reduce an upfront $100,000 cash investment from AgFunder in the form of a SAFE (simple agreement for future equity).
Participants will gain connections to the AgFunder and GROW networks, and work with strategic investors such as Meiji Holdings, Asahi and a number of agrifood corporations.
To be eligible for the programme, the following criteria must be met:
- Applicants should have an established market fit as well as a proven minimum viable product; they should be operating in at least one market
- Additionally, they should also be able to demonstrate a scalable business model that can deliver positive, tangible environmental and/or social impacts
How to apply
Having met the above criteria, apply before the deadline on Sunday, February 26, 2023.