Nigeria Computer Society (NCS) International Conference, the 2022 edition (S3N2022), has been scheduled to hold from Tuesday 2nd to Thursday 4th August 2022 at the June 12 Cultural Centre, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
Theme: ‘Smart, Secure and Sustainable Nation (S3N 2022’).
According to the Professor Adesina Sodiya, President of NCS, the theme was carefully chosen to provide needed technological support for government drives and vision in this modern society.
In his words: “The emergence of connected cities and data-driven nations is making planning and decision-making easier at the global level. Different studies have ranked African low in adopting technology to build safe, secure, Sustainable economy.
“At the heart of the technology driving innovation is data and citizens engagement. In transforming our nation to meet future demand, we must use technology to create a more sustainable and livable present and secure future for our citizens.
“We must change our approach and challenge the status quo. Our quest for innovation leveraging research and development must increase. We must develop effective strategies to achieve Smart, Secure and Sustainable Nation”.
So, why should you attend the conference tagged S3N2022?
There are many reasons, but top on the list are;
1. S3N2022 will explore grounds for Value & Knowledge-Driven economy:
S3N2022 boasts of rich sub-themes ranging from will focus on important issues related to the theme and sub-themes such as; Intelligent Cities – Design and regulatory framework | eGovernment and policy framework | eHealth and smart healthcare | Precision and intelligence agriculture | Regulation and digital consumer system | Smart security and Surveillance system | Application and tools | Big Data analytics and applications | Artificial intelligence and applications | Critical national infrastructure | Call tracking and counterterrorism | Cyber security | Computer forensic and information auditing | IT Governance and ethics | 5G Technology and industrial revolutions| Future of work: Ergronomics and Smart culture, amongst others.
‘S3N2022’ is hybrid, so you can have opportunity to participate from the comfort of your home or office.
3. Global influence:
Being an international conference gives you access to connect with both Foreign/Local Speakers and participants
4. Enhanced credit rating:
As an IT practitioner, attending NCS conference increases your professional and academic ratings. Your participation will earn you 3 units of professional development credit units.
5. Rich networking and enlargement feature to strengthen relationships.
With 20,000 members spread across all the states of the Federation, NCS remains the largest national IT Society with highly skilled and domain experts in various fields of information technology.
- Professor Isa Ali Ibrahim (Pantami), Minister of Communications and Digital Economy who has agreed to chair the event.
- Engineer Aliyu Aziz, Director General, National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) to give keynote address
- Mr. Kashifu Inuwa Abdullahi, the Director General, National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA),
- Professor Umar Danbatta, Executive Vice Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC)
- Professor Muhammad Bello Abubakar, Managing Director, Galaxy Backbone Limited
- Dr. Abimbola Alale, Managing Director, NIGCOMSAT Limited
- Mr. John Higgins, President, British Computer Society
- Bram Fudzulani, President ICT Association of Malawi
- Mr. Kola Okunola, Federal Inland Revenue Service
- Stacey Hines, President Jamaica Computer Society
- Dr. Waudo Siganga, President Computer Society of Kenya
- Professor Ibrahim Gambari, Chief of Staff to the President of Nigeria
- HRM, Oba Adedotun Aremu Gbadebo, Alake of Egba Land
- Otunba Gbenga Daniel, former Governor of Ogun State
- Professor Yemi Osinbajo, Vice President of Nigeria
- Moira De Roche, President International Federation for information Processing (IFIP)
- Mr. dDayo Abiodun, Special Adviser on ICT Ogun State
- Dr. Vincent Olatunji, National Commissioner/CEO, Nigeria Data Protection Bureau (NDPB)
- Sebastine Nzeadibe, Country Manager West Africa, Cisco
- Dipo Faukner, Oracle Vice President (Technology Business)
Check the link HERE to see how to register for participation.