Amazon Web Services (AWS) has launched AWS FinTech Africa Accelerator for fintech companies in Africa.
Powered by AWS Startup Loft Accelerator, the equity-free program focuses on supporting early-stage startups with technology, product development, go-to-market advice and funding ready strategies.
The online 10-week program leverages the best of Amazon’s infrastructure and partner network to support pre-seed and seed stage FinTech startups developing their projects in Africa.
- Up To $25,000 in AWS Activate Credit: Up to $25K to spend on AWS services, a free one-year AWS Business Support subscription for up to $5K and more!
- Technology Fast-Track: Tech resources, guidance and a community of peers. From technical deep dives to round tables on day-to-day CTO challenges
- Funding Preparation: Become funding-ready with hands-on workshops and concrete use cases and validate your strategy, pitch deck and storytelling
- Alumni Community: The community brings together all program members, including alumni founders for both CEOs and CTOs
- Partner Offers & Special Discounts: Access to credits, valuable discounts & offers from AWS Partners for accepted teams
- Cloud Support: 1:1 meetings with AWS Solution Architects and access to product, regulatory & compliance, security specialists
- Business Boost: 1:many sessions, workshops and 1:1 mentor meetings with subject-matter experts and advisors
- Marketing & PR: Media exposure and coverage for selected teams
- Global Network: Benefit from the extensive AWS network of industry leaders, technology experts, serial entrepreneurs, investors, startup organizations and advisors
- Fundraising Support: Fundraising tools & support along with access to wide network of global leading VC funds
- Up To 90% Off: Up to 90% off on HubSpot for eligible startup teams
- €15.000 Credits: Stripe Credits: €15.000 for all applicants!
- $3000 Credits: For annual Business Plan for up to 25 users with access to unlimited video recordings & more features for all teams!
- $50.000 Credits: $50.000 on the Mixpanel Growth Plan for all applicants!
- $1000 Credits: $1000 in credits for all-in-one Notion workspace for all applicants!
- 6 Months For Free: Get 6 months of Zendesk Suite for Customer Service and Sales CRM for free and 15% off first annual subscription!
To be eligible for the AWS FinTech Africa Accelerator programme, the following criteria list be met:
- All startups with FinTech specialization located in Africa can take part in the Accelerator
- There are 3 scenarios acceptable to take a part in the Accelerator:
- Startup will build the Project on AWS infrastructure using at least one of AWS services
- Project was built before on AWS and is live
- Project was built before on any other platform and will be migrated to AWS during the Acceleration program. In case of migration from on-premise, hosting or other cloud platforms, AWS has dedicated migration programs for the support that Participants can use
Organizational terms of participation are:
- The condition for participation in the Accelerator is to submit a complete Application by filling in the Application Form correctly and confirming it by clicking the button “Submit” available in the “My applications” section on Participant’s Account. In case of a juvenile, the application can be submitted only by his/her statutory representative. Any consents described hereunder given by a statutory representative refer to the juvenile.
- Applications can be submitted only electronically (online) via Registration to the Accelerator at website. Startups will receive a confirmation of Participation in the Accelerator via email.
- Filling in the Application Form and attaching needed documents require providing personal details which include name, surname, e-mail address and other details.
- Submitting the Application for the participation in the Accelerator constitutes the acceptance of the Terms of Participation available on the website and the Participant’s commitment to follow them.
How to apply
Are you a fintech company that meets the above criteria? Then apply for the AWS FinTech Africa Accelerator, before the deadline on Thursday, April 27, 2023.