Bringing a solution to content creators who possess the dream, drive and ambition to thrive in the sector but lack the required tools to actualize their goals, Snapchat presents Snap 523 Accelerator Programme for Black Creators.
In partnership with Google Pixel, Westbrook Media and UNCMMN Talent & Brand Strategy, the Snap 523 for Black Creators was designed to enable content companies and creators from underrepresented groups to succeed, ensuring the ecosystem reflects the diversity within our community.
Seeking to be the first step towards greater achievements for applicants, the Snap 523 Accelerator Programme for Black Creators provides the following benefits:
- Funding and resources: 25 selected creators will receive $10,000 funding per month to support their investment in concepting and filming content that lives within Snapchat
- 1:1 mentoring: Mentorship from Snapchat’s content and media partners on how to best leverage Snapchat to increase engagement and business goals
- Connections with opportunities to launch sustainable, full-fledged careers
- Partner Education: Intimate workshops that provide insight into Best Practices — including sessions from experts across Snapchat e.g., Creative Strategy, Monetization, and more
- Exposure and marketing: mentions in announcements and public events related to 523
- Community Engagement: Connect with other companies within 523 to build a more robust network
- The programme is open to just black creators
- Applicants should be 18 years and above
- Emerging creators
- Someone at the beginning of their content journey who is creating, iterating, and improving over time with little outside guidance
- Seeking to become a professional creator
- History of abiding by community guidelines (on Snapchat)
- Creates positive content that aligns with Snapchat’s values (empathy, kindness, creativity)
- Have a unique and consistent voice
- Alignment with Snapchat’s values
- A clear vision for future career goals
How to apply
To participate in Snapchat’s 523 Accelerator Programme for Black Creators, apply before the deadline on Friday, August 12, 2022.