Research and innovation have been recognized as essential factors for the growth and advancement of Information Technology (IT) development in any country, hence, the Tech-Innovation Development Programme.
The Nigeria Computer Society (NCS), with sponsorship from Zinox, has introduced Tech-Innovation Development Programme (TIDP) to provide the necessary support for developing innovative ideas in Information Technology.
The goal is to enhance innovative solutions by supporting the development through the provision of tools and technologies to bolster the nation’s growth. The NCS Tech-Innovation Development Fund (NTIDF) shall provide the fund required for the Tech-Innovation Development Programme.
Although, the programme requires individuals and corporate organizations to donate to this fund and currently, Zinox Technologies, is the only organisation that has contributed to the fund.
The thematic/focus areas for the programme include:
- Cybersecurity/Critical Infrastructure protection
- Financial Technologies — Fintech
- Electoral systems
- E-government/ Digital Economy
- Smart Cities
- Intelligent Systems and Robotics
- Teleworking & e-Platforms
- Industry 5.0
- Digital Games
- Messaging Platforms
- The first-place winner would receive ₦3 million
- The second-place winner would receive ₦2 million and
- The third-place winner would receive ₦1 million
- Individuals in private or public organizations, who have the desire to conduct developmental research and innovations in Information Technology are welcome to participate
- Interested applicants must have tech Ideas?
- You must be able to develop world-class tech solutions
- You must be able to initiate and develop tech solutions for National Development
- You must be a team to register
- You don’t have to be a member of NCS to participate
How to apply
Let your ideas attain global recognition as you delve deeper into innovation to solve real-life problems. Apply before the deadline on Sunday, May 15, 2022.