Are you a young African seeking to work with a team of like-minded individuals thriving to build solutions to grassroots challenges? The SDG Innovation Challenge is for you.
The SDG Innovation Challenge is a virtual pan-African space designed for young people across the continent to work together and develop solutions using their design and complex thinking abilities in line with sustainability at global scale.
Themed Transformative Solutions against Global Challenges – Accountability in Leveraging Youth Action to Create and Empower, the programme’s goal is to reduce the extreme poverty in Africa, facilitating the growth of the economy and improving livelihoods in many ways.
Participants will receive the following benefits:
- Access to an unorthodox, dynamic, and diverse platform of youth activists, organizations, and legislators – Tap into a conducive online space to converge around practical SDG solutions!
- A much-needed opportunity to visualize and implement the SDGs at the grassroots level – Participate in the making of our future, and jumpstart your involvement in the sustainable development agenda as an active, passionate global citizen
- Immense networking potential – Build connections, and be part of a community of practice around eco-systemic, collaborative solutions
- A space to exercise your global citizenship muscle – Sharpen and hone skills in leadership, innovation, cross-sector collaboration, analytic thinking, interpersonal communication, intercultural communication, and allied areas.
- Sourcing diversity of thought, background, and sector – Collaborate with people from a plethora of domains, be it engineering, design, civic policy, social justice reform, project management, finance, education, and many others.
- You must be a young African
- Only groups of 4 to 7 people can register
- Your idea must be at an early stage at the most
- You must have a connection to this year’s challenge theme: Transformative Solutions against Global Challenges – Accountability in Leveraging Youth Action to Create and Empower
- You must have the passion, drive, and commitment to improving livelihoods in your community and beyond
- A genuine interest in sustainable development and desire to contribute to advancing the SDGs in your community and beyond
- The motivation to work in an agile hackathon-like environment, to engage pro-actively, and to ideate extensively throughout the event
- Desire to connect and collaborate with people from different domains and geographies
- The ability to work in an interdisciplinary team
- The commitment to take the idea to completion and remain engaged with the cause post the SDG Innovation Challenge
How to apply
Scale your innovative idea in the SDG Innovation Challenge. Apply before the deadline on Tuesday, November 1, 2022.