Bolt, the leading African ride hailing operator, on Tuesday, opened applications for the Bolt Den, a €25,000 seed fund available to support business plans developed by Nigerian drivers that link to its Africa City Vision, based around sustainable transport.
The Bolt accelerator program is in partnership with the Nest Innovation Park (‘the Nest’).
Now, let us tell you about the application details:
The Bolt Accelerator Program opens its doors to all registered Bolt drivers across Nigeria, sparking a journey of learning, growth, and economic empowerment.
The application period is set to commence on 18th of September and conclude on 29th of September. Selected participants will be equipped with invaluable mentorship, workshops, and access to funding, all the ingredients for a recipe of entrepreneurial success.
Drivers can seize this opportunity to transform their ideas into profitable ventures.
- In partnership with The Nest Innovation Park, the Bolt Accelerate Program is poised to cultivate an ecosystem of innovation and entrepreneurship, fueling the spark of economic growth.
- Bolstered by the shared values of innovation and progress, the program invites registered Bolt drivers to bring forth their ingenious business concepts. Drivers will be invited to pitch business ideas connected to Bolt’s new African City Vision (which is about creating cities that prioritize people’s well-being, sustainability, and accessible mobility for everyone).
- Stage 1: Idea Submission and Screening: Drivers’ innovative ideas undergo thorough evaluation.
- Stage 2: Idea Interviews and Selection: Top 20 drivers proceed after in-depth interviews on their ideas.
- Stage 3: Mentorship for Top 20: Twenty drivers undergo comprehensive mentorship to prepare for the final pitch.
- Stage 4: Pitch Day and Seed Fund: Drivers pitch their ideas for a chance to win seed funding and access to valuable mentorship. The top 10 most innovative ideas will each receive 2000 euros.
Together, Bolt and The Nest Innovation Park stand poised to redefine the entrepreneurial landscape of Africa, nurturing change-makers, and catalyzing economic prosperity.
How to apply
Follow the link here to apply.
About the partners:
Bolt is a super-app with over 150 million customers in more than 45 countries and 500 cities across Europe and Africa (list of locations here). The company offers a range of mobility products for different services and needs:
- Bolt Food, delivering ready-made meals from restaurants
- Bolt Business, our corporate mobility service
The Nest Innovation Park is a trailblazing hub, at the forefront of conversations that shape entrepreneurship in Nigeria.
The partnership with Bolt marks a milestone in their pursuit of driving sustainable economic growth through innovation.