Are you a civic hub, incubator, civic tech startup, or community organization leveraging technology to influence citizen participation in the 2023 General Elections? Apply for Yiaga Africa’s Scaling Civic Tech Solutions.
The goal is to support innovative technological-based solutions to scale their ideas towards increasing citizen participation. A Team of Civic Tech experts will review all the Proposals and selected proposals from participants and successful ideas will be supported to scale their proposals, existing ideas, or innovations.
- Financial support to scale innovative proposals, ideas, or innovations
- Opportunity to co-create innovation with other young innovators
- Increased visibility and international recognition for innovative solutions
To be eligible for Yiaga Africa’s Scaling Civic Tech Solutions, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be a young Nigerian tech innovator between the ages of 18 and 35
- Have knowledge and experience relevant to the development and deployment of tech solutions
- Have an active internet connection as most engagements will be done virtually
- Must be resident in Lagos or Sokoto (with the possibility to scale the proposal with their regions)
- Have a basic understanding of political and electoral issues in Nigeria
- Be a registered voter
- Women and persons living with disabilities are STRONGLY encouraged to apply
How to apply
Do you meet the above eligibility criteria? Then apply before the deadline on Friday, February 3, 2023.