In a bid to enhance user confidence and help businesses establish their presence on its platforms, Meta has announced its plans to expand the Meta Verified program to businesses on Instagram, Facebook, and WhatsApp.
This expansion was revealed by Mark Zuckerberg during Meta’s Conversations Conference in Mumbai.
The rollout of Meta Verified for businesses will commence with a testing phase, set to begin in the coming weeks for businesses on Instagram and Facebook, targeting select countries. Subsequently, Meta plans to extend this offering to businesses on WhatsApp in the near future.
The Meta Verified business subscription is designed to provide businesses with a range of features aimed at fostering authenticity and boosting their visibility. Key components of this subscription include:
- Verified Badge: Businesses will receive a verified badge that authenticates their identity and legitimacy.
- Impersonation Protection: Proactive monitoring for impersonation threats to safeguard a brand’s reputation.
- Account Support: Access to support and assistance for troubleshooting account issues.
- Enhanced Discoverability: Subscribers will enjoy increased visibility as a Meta Verified business. This includes appearing prominently in search results and being recommended as a verified business to follow in users’ feeds.
- WhatsApp Premium Features: WhatsApp business subscribers will receive additional premium features. These include the ability to create a custom WhatsApp page that’s easily discoverable via web search and multi-device support for chat assignments, allowing multiple employees to respond to customers.
Businesses will have flexibility in choosing their subscription preferences. They can opt for a single-app subscription on Facebook, Instagram, or a bundled subscription covering both platforms. In the future, WhatsApp will also be included as an option.
The pricing for Meta Verified business subscriptions starts at $21.99 per month for a single Facebook page or Instagram account. Businesses looking to subscribe to both platforms can do so for $34.99 per month.
Meta has built Meta Verified for businesses with a strong emphasis on safeguards. Businesses must meet specific eligibility requirements, including minimum tenure, activity levels, and the activation of Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Additionally, business information must be validated, and applicants must verify their connection to the business through methods like phone numbers, email, or domain verification. The platform will also proactively monitor for business impersonation.
This expansion of Meta Verified aligns with Meta’s goal of helping businesses establish their brands and connect with customers. As the program progresses, Meta will continue to refine its offerings, making it easier for users to discover and engage with verified businesses on its platforms.
Meta Verified business subscriptions will soon be available for purchase on Instagram and Facebook in select test countries. The expansion to WhatsApp will follow with testing for small businesses using the WhatsApp Business app.