Information We Collect
We may collect personal information about our site visitors in various ways. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we collect through your use of the Services, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
Information You Provide to Us. When you register or otherwise interact with the Services, you may be invited to provide personal information to enhance your experience on our site. For example, during account registration, we may ask for information such as your name, e-mail address.
We also collect information that you provide us when you comment on articles, participate in message boards, and submit images, photos, videos, or other content to the Services. We may ask you for additional information at other times, such as when you enter a contest or participate in a promotion, when you post an online ad, or when you order products from us or otherwise engage with the Services.
We may also collect information via:
- Device information — such as your hardware model, IP address, other unique device identifiers, operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access the Services.
- Location information — such as your computer’s IP address, your mobile device’s GPS signal or information about nearby WiFi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services.
Information From Third-Party Sources. We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you. For example, we may receive information about you from a social media site if you connect to the Services through that site.
Other Information We Collect. We also may collect other information about you, your device, or your use of the services in ways that we describe to you at the point of collection or otherwise with your consent. You may choose not to provide us with certain types of information, but doing so may affect your ability to use some of the Services.
How We Use Information
To Provide and Manage the Services You Request. This includes, for example, processing your subscription, sending you electronic newsletters, or enabling you to participate in the features provided by the Services.
It also includes providing personalized content and recommendations to you, including through Personal Post. Through such features, we are able to bring you information and content tailored to your individual interests and needs.
To Contact You. We may periodically contact you with offers and information about the Services and our news stories, and other important information. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
To Better Understand Our Readers and Users. The Services conduct research on our users’ demographics, interests and behavior based on the information we collect. We do this to better understand and serve our users, and to improve our products and services.
To Protect the Rights of the Services and others. We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
Consent. We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
Sharing of Information
The following provides information about entities with which we may share information. Our practices vary depending on the type of information.
We do not share your information with Third party.
Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Services may link to third-party websites and services that are outside our control. We are not responsible for the security or privacy of any information collected by other websites or other services. You should exercise caution, and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
How to Access or Update Your Information & Other Privacy Choices Available To You
Email Promotions. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
Other Important Information
Children’s Privacy. We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent, unless permitted by law. If we learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete it in accordance with applicable law.
Do-Not-Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms. Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, the Services currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals. In the meantime, please see Online Tracking & Advertising for additional information about privacy choices that may be available to you with respect to targeted advertising.
Online Tracking & Advertising
- Readers should know that we collect information when you access content, advertising, sites, interactive widgets, applications, and other products (both on and off of our Services) where OPI-MEDIA NETWORKS data collection technologies (such as web beacons, development tools, cookies and other technologies, etc.) are present. These data collection technologies allow us to understand your activity on and off our Services and to collect and store information when you interact with Services we offer to partners.
- This information also includes the kind of content or ads served, viewed or clicked on; the frequency and duration of your activities; the sites or apps you used before accessing our Services and where you went next; whether you engaged with specific content or ads; and whether you went on to visit an advertiser’s website, downloaded an advertiser’s app, purchased a product or service advertised, or took other actions.
- We collect information about you when we receive it from other users, third-parties, and affiliates, such as:
- When you connect your account to third-party services or sign in using a third-party partner (like Facebook or Twitter).
- From publicly-available sources.
- From advertisers about your experiences or interactions with their offerings.
- We honour the choices customers have made about the uses of this information when we receive and use this data.
Do you have an observation, correction or story suggestion to share with us? Email email@example.com