By: OLIVIA NNOROM
When typewriters were replaced by computers and keyboards, many people lost their jobs. However, new jobs were created in the computer and technology industries, and people were able to learn new skills to adapt to the changing job market.
Similarly, as AI evolves, some jobs may become automated, but new jobs will be created in fields such as data analysis, AI development, and machine learning.
It’s important for individuals and society as a whole to be proactive in learning new skills and adapting to the changing job market.
Artificial intelligence (AI), is an exciting field that involves using computers and algorithms to perform tasks that typically require human intelligence, such as learning, problem-solving, and decision-making. AI is used in a wide range of applications, from virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa, to self-driving cars, to medical diagnosis and treatment.
Jobs in the AI sector will grow in demand as its adoption increases. So, while it is important to acknowledge the potential impact of AI in the job market, it is also crucial to look for the silver lining and focus on the new opportunities that are emerging.
Let’s discuss some of the exciting AI career opportunities available in this field;
These roles involve analysing and deriving insights from large amounts of data, to train learning models and improve AI systems.
2. AI engineers and developers:
These roles require expertise in machine learning and algorithm development, as well as knowledge of programming languages.
3. Robot trainers:
As we see more robots being integrated into a variety of industries, there will be a need for professionals to train and supervise them on how to perform specific tasks and interact with humans. They also provide continuous support and maintenance to ensure that the robots are functioning properly.
4. AI Ethical and policy advisors:
These are experts who can address the ethical implications and societal impact of AI, while ensuring that AI is not used wrongly by software practitioners and even consumers. They bear the responsibility to ensure that the development and deployment of AI systems are in line with the appropriate rule and regulation as well as uphold transparency, reduce bias and protect consumer privacy.
5. Cybersecurity experts:
As AI-powered systems are increasingly integrated into our daily lives, there will be a greater need for cybersecurity professionals to provide protection from cyber threats.
These professionals develop strategies to protect against AI attacks, identify and eradicate vulnerabilities, and ensure that sensitive data is protected in AI systems.
6. AI product managers:
These professionals are responsible for developing and launching AI-powered products that are technically feasible and meet the needs of customers.
They also work with the sales and marketing team to develop go-to-market strategies and ensure that the product is successful in the marketplace. They manage product roadmaps and ensure that the product is continuously updated and improved over time.
7. Virtual assistants provide support and assistance to customers through AI-powered chatbots and other virtual assistant platforms.
8. Natural language processing experts (NLP) design and develop AI algorithms and systems that can understand and interpret natural language input from customers. They work to improve the accuracy and efficiency of NLP systems and to develop new techniques for analysing and interpreting language data.
9. Image and video processing experts specialise in developing and implementing AI algorithms that can analyse and make sense of visual data, such as images and videos. In addition, they may work on developing new applications for image and video processing including: facial recognition, object detection, and autonomous vehicles.
10. AI interface designers design interfaces and user experiences that incorporate AI technology, such as voice recognition and natural language processing. It is their job to ensure that the interface is accessible to users with a wide range of abilities and disabilities as well as adaptable to different devices and flatforms.
11. Digital transformation consultants help organisations integrate AI technology into their operations and workflows, improving efficiencies and productivity; they analyse organisations’ requirements, existing resources and their ability to scale. They use the data to recommend suitable digital processes that will help them to effectively use the digital technology, tools and detect issues before they occur.
12. AI marketing specialists leverage AI technology to help companies analyse and understand customer behaviour, develop targeted marketing campaigns, and build customer engagement.
13. Autonomous vehicle engineers design and develop AI-powered systems for autonomous vehicles, including self-driving cars, trucks, and drones.
14. Chatbot developers design and develop chatbot systems that can interact with customers and address their needs through natural language processing, on a variety of Scenarios.
15. Healthcare AI experts develop and implement AI-powered systems and algorithms to improve patient care and outcomes in the healthcare industry.
16. E-commerce AI specialists leverage AI technology to help companies analyse customer data, develop personalised recommendations, and optimise the online shopping experience.
17. Supply chain AI analysts are responsible for analysing large amounts of supply chain data to develop algorithms and systems that can optimise logistics and improve efficiencies. They can develop chatbots and virtual assistants that can assist customers and retailers from fraudulent activity.
18. Agriculture AI experts design and develop AI-powered systems that can improve crop yields, manage resources, and optimise farming practices: these AI systems provide farmers with the forecasting and predictive analytics to reduce errors and minimise the risk of crop failures.
19. Social media AI analysts analyse social media data using AI, developing insights and recommendations to help companies improve their online presence and engagement.
In conclusion, while some jobs may be replaced by AI, the development and use of AI technology will also create new and exciting job opportunities.
Some of these roles are already explained in this article, but they are not limited to these. Therefore, it is only right to do your research to understand and be able evolve into the new working systems that AI will offer.