Annually thousands of University students worldwide, with aspirations, talent, potential and excitement for the journey ahead, join Microsoft as interns, to solve world problems.
At Microsoft, these interns work on real-world projects in collaboration with teams across the world, while having fun along the way.
They are empowered to build community, explore their passions and achieve goals that seemed hard to reach. This is a chance to bring solutions and ideas to life while working on cutting-edge technology.
The internship is designed not only for individuals to do great works with the opportunity to learn and grow, but to experience a culture full of diverse community connections, executive engagement, and memorable events.
“We’re a company of learn-it-alls rather than know-it-alls and our culture is centred around embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day.” Microsoft wrote.
Currently, Microsoft has three Business Groups looking for Software Engineer Internship:
Cloud + AI seeks to enable organisations in two core ways to:
- Engage with their customers more effectively and grow their revenue
- Optimise business operations to improve employee productivity
Cloud + AI enables Microsoft to be a unique player in today’s market as a key participant in conversations to help customers achieve their goals.
Over 90% of the Fortune 500 use the Microsoft Cloud today, and Cloud + AI facilitates the market leadership exhibited by Microsoft with products and solutions in areas such as Cloud Infrastructure, Developer Tools and Services, Enterprise Mobility and Security, Business Applications and Data& AI.
CMD (Cloud Managed Desktop) is creating a brand-new way of experiencing and managing windows. In this aspect, Microsoft’s mission is to fundamentally change how organisations and people deploy and use Windows. The company aims to provide an effective, reliable, secure, scalable hybrid working experience to its customers.
As an integral part of the global team working on core products with core technology, Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) plays a significant role in contributing to overall Microsoft applications and services products development.
It is dedicated to the development of many Microsoft applications and services products such as Microsoft 365, Bing, Azure, as well as internet and mobile related products.
The team is focused on a wide spectrum of technologies including machine learning, natural language processing, cloud computing, big data, search engine and online advertising, web and browser. Located in Beijing, Suzhou, Taipei and Tokyo, Software Technology Center Asia (STCA) has more than 2000 R&D employees.
The benefits and perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work. They include:
- Access to industry-leading healthcare
- Giving programmes
- Opportunities to network and connect
- Discounts on products and services
Individuals who make it into the programme will be expected to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Software engineers (SWEs) work with teammates to solve problems and build innovative software solutions
- You are passionate about customers and product quality, and you provide technical guidance to Programme Managers as they consider user needs and product requirements
- You will also be expected to demonstrate an ability to learn and adopt relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes to leverage in your solutions
- As a SWE, you are dedicated to design, development and testing of next-generation software which will empower every person and organisation on the planet to achieve more
- Applies engineering principles to solve complex problems through sound and creative engineering
- Quickly learns new engineering methods and incorporates them into his or her work processes
- Seeks feedback and applies internal or industry best practices to improve his or her technical solutions
- Demonstrates skill in time management and completing software projects in a cooperative team environment
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- Must have at least one additional quarter/semester of school remaining following the completion of the internship
- Must have one year of programming experience in an object-oriented language
- Must have the ability to demonstrate an understanding of computer science fundamentals, including data structures and algorithms
How to apply
Join Microsoft to create a sustainable and resilient future. Apply while the opportunity is still open.