Set to enable businesses seeking financial support to overcome the hurdles associated with preparing for investment, and matching them with aligned investors, the Anglo American Sustainable Investment Initiative (SII) is still on.
Businesses that qualify for the Sustainable Investment Initiative will be assessed by an innovative team, providing support, or Technical Assistance (TA), will be provided free of charge to help the businesses prepare and engage with investors.
TA is designed to suit the needs of business companies, and where they are in their investment journey. The initiative will match these businesses with aligned investors when they are ready and make targeted introductions.
SII is constantly building its investor pool to include a wide range of investors, with diverse focal areas, instruments, and ticket sizes.
Qualified businesses stand the chance to receive the following benefits:
- Help in identifying and understanding what is needed to prepare for investment
- Provision of targeted support to address gaps and ensure these businesses are investment ready
- Access to funding opportunities with the expertise required to raise finance
- Opportunity for these businesses to match with an investment partner for support
To be eligible to participate in the program, businesses must meet the following criteria:
- Businesses must be registered in South Africa, Botswana, Namibia, Zambia or Zimbabwe
- Must be able to demonstrate that they have generated at least $125, 000 in revenue over the past 12 months
- Must be seeking funding to be used to grow and scale
- Must be seeking to raise between $200,000 –$25 million of debt and/or equity (excl. grant funding)
- Can be operational in any sector
How to apply
To participate in the Sustainable Investment Initiative, apply before the deadline on Wednesday, November 30, 2022.